Expression of Interest
Thank you for your interest in joining the Redcliffe Tigers AFC in the 2024 Season
Do you have a deep passion for AFL? We are seeking applications for Youth Coaches for the 2024 season to coach and oversee our Boys and Girls teams in Under 13, Under 15 and U17 age groups.
Coaching can be incredibly enjoyable. The camaraderie, the thrill of competition, and the joy of seeing your players succeed can make coaching a deeply fulfilling and fun experience. Being a part of our coaching staff means working collaboratively with other coaches, staff, and players. It teaches valuable teamwork and collaboration skills that are beneficial in various aspects of life.
Coaching allows you can connect with other coaches, sports professionals, and community members who share your passion for the sport. Coaching provides a platform to make a difference in the lives of athletes. By coaching for the Redcliffe Tigers, you can positively influence the skills, mindset, and character of your players, helping them develop both on and off the field.
We are looking for people with strong leadership and organisational skills, high standards and a desire to develop our young footballers. As such these skills are considered vital for the role. The suitable applicants must have exceptional communication skills, be professional in behaviour, have a mature approach to football and be able to follow League and Club policies and procedures for training and game day as well as having a hands-on approach to player recruitment and retention, whilst having a strong focus on all aspects of the football club in its entirety.
- As a Coach, you will play a vital role in developing, nurturing, and building strong football club culture with our Youth players.
- Your leadership will be responsible for developing a club aligned and age-appropriate game plan, conducting, and managing two training sessions per week and games on either a Friday night or Sunday
- You will be mentoring players and play a role outside the football field with parents, sponsors of our junior program, supporters, and stakeholders.
- Prepare and execute a pre-season training plan for the 2023/2024 off season (U15 / U17 only mandatory, U13 desirable).
- Provide individual training programs and feedback to players.
- Develop and execute a club aligned game plan and training plan.
- A good understanding of the AFLQ SEQ Juniors league Rules, Policies and Procedures for the age group being coached.
- Have a hands-on approach with player recruitment and retention, working collaboratively with the club’s Youth Football Operations and Committee.
- Recruit and collaborate with assistant coaches, support staff and Team Manager to ensure a “one club environment”. These appointments must be cleared with Youth Football Operations prior to commitment of the individual positions.
- Working with Children Check (mandatory) will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Having previous senior playing or coaching experience is desirable when applying for this role.
It is an expectation of the Redcliffe Tigers AFC that all Coaches have read, understand and adheres to the Code of Conduct as set by the AFLQ, our governing body. Please familiarise yourself with the Coaches Code of Conduct by downloading and reading this attachment.
This form is to register your interest for a volunteer coaching position with one of the Redcliffe Tigers teams. It is important to note, that by completing this form, you understand that this position is not guaranteed – it is an indication only of your interest and availability.
Closing Date November 4 2023